Making sentences

I have been doing flash card with Shi Xu for months and still keep it as our routine ( at least 2-3 times per week ) .Our flash card routine is not smooth sailing , he attention span is pretty short ,he usually get bored very quickly ,so this does not come easily for me.Often at time ,I have to take times to coax him to sit down and listen to me .

Some weeks back ,his mood crept up .He started to make sentences when i was flashing the set of cards " building and places "

Mummy:office !
(he stopped me proceeding to the next card ,to my surprise ,he wanted to make sentence for each card)
Shi Xu : mummy go to office work work
Mummy: School !
Shi Xu : Shi Xu go to school study
Mummy :Castle !
Shi Xu : Disneyland has castle
Mummy :Airport terminal !
Shi Xu : We go to airport terminal (see) aeroplane
Mummy : Post office !
Shi Xu : Aunty post (he meant aunty go to post office post letter )
Mummy: Playground!
Shi Xu : I want to play see saw (missing the word" at playground" )

The list goes on ...
I was glad that he could enjoy the flash card session with me and able to express what relates to the topic.I truly enjoy this bonding/learning time .It’s such a lovely day.


** Shi Xu @ 32 months old

0 comments:

 
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker